Monday, March 9, 2009

The stuff in it

In many cake shops, some of the cheesecake are mixed with cream or a little flour. But if one checks the real cheesecake recipe, a pure blissful cheesecake only use natural ingredients-mainly cream cheese. I don't like to compromise with quality hence I use only the real stuff.

For the base, I use real Oreos or Julie's chocolate cookies or McVites digestives. And as for the cream cheese, I use Kraft Philadelphia Cream Cheese. And fresh fruits, always! 

On top of that, making cheese cupcakes is labour intensive. Each cup must be individually filled with ground biscuits/cookies and a spoonful of melted butter needed to level in at the base of the cup. And once each cup has been filled with the cream cheese mixture, it has to be constantly watched over the baking period so that it would not crack, although a water bath is used in the process.

Phew, through all these, I still think that cheese cupcake is a good alternative to slice cheesecake. I can control the size, big or small depending on who is eating it, each cup can be 'designed' individually and no one is 'forced' to finish a big slice of cheesecake, just not to waste the expensive cake.

For all above, I am charging Rm 65 for one dozen ( 12 ) cheese cuppies, large size. A cupful of good finger licking cheesy goodie. Each cup, I must say is cheaper than a slice of store bought cake which, to save cost, does not follow the real recipe. Mine does and honest to goodness too! :)

For other enquiries, email to thecheesecuppies@gmail.com
See ya !

No comments:

Post a Comment